Thursday, December 24, 2009

embroidered quilt made for Nathan and handed down to Katie
I always wanted to make a Granny Square afghan but it's a big project, I finally got inspiration from one I found at a flee market, for $2.50. The colors were so great I wanted to try and do one with my handspun. The background color is a natural dark brown, not black. It probably still wouldn't be put together except we lost our internet service (Verison) and they couldn't get it back up for ONE MONTH a few winters ago. It's amazing what you can get done without internet service, even while working full time.
My first attempt at a wrist distaff, it keeps you wool supply from getting in your way when your spinning with a hand spindle, you just tuck the fiber supply under it and pull out as needed. I don't use them much.


I've made this sweater MANY times, this one's for granddaughter Liah.



matching socks




No comments:

Post a Comment