Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Best friends at the Bradford Area Library

My best friend in the world, Pat Shinaberger, on the left, me on the right in my new sweater, at the library. Pat was working the "Mike Randall does Mark Twain" table, selling tickets for the upcoming performance at the University of Pittsburgh at Bradford, on January 9, 2010. Yes, Mike Randall is the weather man on Buffalo television. Tickets are $15.00 -- what a deal. This is a fund raiser for the One Book Bradford performance of Lenore Hart, author of "Becky," The One Book Bradford committe chose Becky for our 09, 10 read and it's a very good book, check it out. (The One Book Bradford project is in it's third year in Bradford, all the book clubs in town get together and choose ONE book that all read and the author is invited to town to do a talk on the book. It's been alot of fun, and I'm sure has encouraged reading in town. I'm told little ol Bradford PA has eleven book clubs, amazing.
Pat, pictured above started the No Rules Book Club over ten years ago. We are going strong and HAVE NO RULES, no officers, no dues, no set dates to meet, the person offering to review the book sets the date, and sometimes the location. Usually we meet at the library on a Sat morning because #1 we live in Bradford and no matter how bad the weather you have to go out on Sat morning, so it works.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"we live in Bradford and no matter how bad the weather you have to go out on Sat morning, so it works."

LOL No matter how bad the weather was when I lived in Bradford, I could get where I needed to go because I walked there. I miss that a lot because here we have to drive just about everywhere--very pedestrian unfriendly.

Post a Comment