Monday, July 5, 2010

Neal and I in Sedona- broccoli and don't laugh

Neal and I on a little tour of Sedona, we'd done it before but had to do it again. The kerchief is to keep the sun of my neck, not a fashion statement. We had a wonderful time, it was worth all the miles in the car.
The first broccoli from our garden. We have a great garden because dh finally put an electric fence around it. The deer are really pissed, it's been damaged three times so far with them trying to get it. they ate it off 4 times last year before he gave up.

Ok, don't laugh, I might start a green blog called "Don't Laugh" so don't steal the title. this is my "new" soap holder. I've been looking in the stores for a couple cutsie soap dishes that will keep the soap dry but can't find anything. So had a brain storm this a.m. Isn't it wonderful how your brain will go to work on something given a little time. Neal said it looks right out of foxfire. If you don't know what foxfire is you are young, look it up.
The big green tip here is bar soap is much greener than all the liquid soap everyone uses. The only garbage generated from a bar of soap is a piece of paper usually, no plastic container to throw away and take 10,000 years to decompose. (I haven't figured out the shampoo thing yet.) I have lot's of these old clothespins and you can still buy them if you want to make something similar. I said don't laugh!


1 comment:

anachronist said...

Hi, did you know, Lush makes a bar-shampoo?

I use it while travelling and it is even leak proof for flight-pressure changes in the airplane, so no soapy, wet clothes in the suitcase, because the shampoo bottle burst.

Post a Comment